Statement of Patient Visitation Rights
Coliseum Same Day Surgery Center recognizes the importance of family, spouses, partners, friends and other visitors in the care process of patients. We adopt and affirm as policy the following visitation rights of patients/clients who receive services from our facilities:
- To be informed of their visitation rights, including any clinical restriction or limitation of their visitation rights
- To designate visitors, including but not limited to a spouse, a domestic partner (including same sex), family members, and friends. These visitors will not be restricted or otherwise denied visitation privileges on the basis of age, race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation or disability. All visitors will enjoy full and equal visitation privileges consistent with any clinically necessary or other reasonable restriction or limitation that facilities may need to place on such rights
- To receive visits from your attorney, physician or clergyman at any reasonable time
- To speak privately with anyone he/she wishes (subject to hospital visiting regulations) unless a doctor does not think it is medically advised
- To refuse visitors
- Media representatives and photographers must contact the hospital spokesperson for access to the hospital
Patient Visitation Guidelines: During Flu Season
For the protection of our patients, Coliseum Health System asks that
- any child under 12 years of age
- any visitor with fever or respiratory symptoms
not visit patients or patient care areas.
Children must be supervised by an adult and may remain on the first floor. Visitation may be permitted in certain situations and can be approved by administration for short visits.
Thank you for your cooperation.